- I solemnly pledge myself to consecrate my life to service of humanity.
- Even under threat, I will not use my medical knowledge contrary to the laws of Humanity.
- I will maintain the utmost respect for human life from the time of conception.
- I will not permit considerations of religion, nationality, race, party politics or social standing to intervene between my duty and my patient.
- I will practice my profession with conscience and dignity.
- The health of my patient will be my first consideration.
- I will respect the secrets which are confined in me.
- I will give to my teachers the respect and gratitude which is their due.
- I will maintain by all means in my power, the honour and noble traditions of medical profession.
- I will treat my colleagues with all respect and dignity.
- I shall abide by the code of medical ethics as enunciated in the Indian Medical Council (Professional Conduct, Etiquette and Ethics) Regulations 2002.
I make these promises solemnly, freely and upon my honour.